9(g) Visa for Pre-Arranged Employees

Any foreigner who is proceeding to the Philippines to engage in a lawful occupation, whether for wages or salary or other forms of compensation under an employer-employee relationship must make sure that his or her Philippine-based employer has applied for and obtained the necessary authority from the Bureau of Immigration for the issuance of a 9(g) visa.


The Embassy's Consular Section shall only issue the 9(g) visa once it has received notice from the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila that such authority has been granted by the Bureau of Immigration.


Upon arrival in the Philippines, the foreign employee shall register with the Bureau of Immigration within seven (7) days for the issuance of an Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and the Certificate of Residence for Pre-Arranged Employee (CRPE).