Filipino | English

Report of Marriage

Any marriage solemnized abroad, where at least one of the contracting parties is a Filipino citizen, must be reported to the Consular Section immediately so that an official record of the marriage could be sent to and registered with the Office of the Civil Registrar-General/Administrator of the National Statistics Office (NSO) of the Philippines. The official record submitted to the NSO serves as legal basis for the marriage abroad to be recognized under Philippine law.

Only marriages contracted within its jurisdiction (i.e. in Jordan and the Palestinian Territories) and, if not solemnized by a Consular Officer of the Embassy, duly recognized as valid and binding by relevant government authorities in the country where the marriage took place may be reported to this Embassy's Consular Section.

For parties who are still planning to get married, proceed to this page for more information on the requirements and procedures for getting married.

Applicable Fees

  • JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for the Report of Marriage
  • JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for Authentication of Certificate of Marriage
  • JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for Affidavit of Delayed Registration, if necessary

Forms to Use

You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to be able to download and read this form. After download, you may either:

  • type in the information required directly on your computer and then print out the completed form; or
  • print out the form first and fill in the required information by hand

Note: It is best to use A4-size paper. Information entered directly on the form using your computer cannot be saved. Make sure you can print out the completed form at once.

Report of Marriage Form
Use this form if you wish to report a marriage solemnized abroad where at least one of the contracting parties is a Filipino citizen.
Civil Registration_Marriage.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 1.0 MB
Affidavit of Delayed Report of Marriage
Use this form if you are reporting more than fifteen (15) days after the date of marriage.


  1. Report of Marriage form, duly accomplished in quadruplicate (if printing form yourself, please make sure to print four originals for submission);
  2. Original marriage certificate issued by the Civil Status and Passports Department of Jordan (or its equivalent under the Palestinian National Authority) and four (4) photocopies, each with original stamp and signature of the authorized authentication officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
  3. Valid passports of both contracting parties, originals to be presented at the Consular Section with four (4) photocopies;
  4. Four (4) colored passport photos (3.5cm x 4.5cm) each for both parties; and
  5. Affidavit of Delayed Report of Marriage if report is filed more than fifteen (15) days from date of marriage


  1. Fill in all required information on the report of marriage form;
  2. Once completed, submit form with all requirements stated above to the Consular Section;
  3. If found to be in order, pay the applicable fees to the Cashier;
  4. Check if official receipt issued reflects correct payment and indicates date of release of processed document;
  5. Release of processed document is normally the next working day.


  • One (1) original to the reporting party, i.e., either of the contracting parties to the marriage;
  • Two (2) originals to be sent to the Department of Foreign Affairs, with one of these retained on file at the Office of Consular Affairs-Consular Records Division and the other to be forwarded to the National Statistics Office; and
  • One (1) original in the custody of the Embassy Records Officer

Photo credit: