Filipinos living abroad should immediately report vital life events (marriages, births, deaths) to the Consular Section of the Embassy so that official records regarding these events can be transmitted to the Civil Registrar-General/Administrator of the National Statistics Office through the Office of Consular Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
The Consular Section of the Embassy thus performs functions similar to that of the Civil Registrar to enable Filipinos under its jurisdiction to report the occurence of vital life events from which is generated an appropriate official record for future reference and use. The following forms of civil registration are covered by the Consular Section:
- Report of Marriage - to provide official record of a marriage solemnized abroad where at least one of the contracting parties is a Filipino citizen;
- Report of Birth - to provide official record of a child born abroad with at least one parent who is a Filipino citizen at the time of birth;
- Report of Death - to provide official record of the death abroad of a Filipino citizen
Importance of Civil Registration
By reporting a vital life event (marriage, birth, death) to the Consular Section, you provide prima facie evidence of the facts surrounding these events and thus establish the legal status of a person.
These official records serve an important function in legal and personal transactions as they serve to validate the identity and legal status of the individual. For instance, birth certificates and marriage certificates may be required when applying for jobs, seeking to immigrate to a different country, claiming for insurance benefits, etc.
The information in these official records also serve to provide demographic and statistical data regarding the number of births, marriages, deaths etc. that in turn are essential for national development planning.
- JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for each civil registry report (marriage, birth, death)
- JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for each document to be authenticted
- JOD 18.750 (USD 25.00) for each supporting affidavit
Forms to Use
These forms may be downloaded and used only if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. After download, you may either:
- fill in the required information and then print out the completed form; or
- print out the form and fill in the required information by hand
Note: It is recommended that you use A4-size paper. Information entered directly into the form cannot be saved, so make sure you are able to print the completed form at once.