1. What is the DFA appointment system?
It is a system developed by the DFA that allows the passport applicant to schedule a specific date and time to have the ePassport processed.
2. Who may avail of the appointment system?
All eligible Filipinos who wish to apply for an ePassport at the DFA Consular Office in Aseana Business Park (corner Bradco Street and Macapagal Avenue, Parañaque) near Mall of Asia and Baclaran Church.
3. Where can I access the DFA appointment system?
Applicants can access the appointment system via two channels:
- By calling the DFA appointment system hotline on +63 2 737 1000 or
- By logging on to www.passport.com.ph
4. How does the appointment system work?
The applicant calls the hotline or logs on to the website. He or she then provides personal information, decides on the appointment schedule, and receives a reference number coinciding with the approved date and time of the appointment. Applicant can then proceed to the DFA Consular Office in Aseana Business Park on the appointment date for processing of the ePassport.
5. When did implementation of the appointment system start?
The appointment system hotline and website started operation on 8 March 2010.
6. On what days is the appointment system?
Both the hotline and online channels are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week (24/7).
7. What advantage does the appointment system have to offer?
By using the appointment system, the applicant enjoys convenience at no extra cost. The applicant receives efficient service and no longer has to manually fill up an application form. Furthermore, the applicant is assured that he or she will not experience getting the run-around from fixers. Access to the system is also available 24/7 for inquiries and other concerns.
8. Why is the appointment system needed?
By implementing a world-class applicant management system, the DFA Consular Office can efficiently utilize the space in the new Aseana Business Park building, thus guaranteeing better and orderly service to the public at no extra cost to the applicant and the DFA. The applicant also does not have to waste time waiting for his or her turn.
9. What can I expect when I call the appointment hotline?
When you call the appointment hotline (+63 2 737 1000), a Customer Care Officer (CCO) will answer and request you to provide the necessary personal information, set your appointment date and time, and give you a reference number. All you have to do after that is show up at the DFA Consular Office in Aseana Business Park on the scheduled date and time.
10. What can I expect when I log on to www.passport.com.ph?
When you log on to the website, you will fill up an online application form, choose an appointment date and time from the available list and click submit. You will then receive a reference number. Upon completing the procedure, all you need to do is show up at the DFA Consular Office in Aseana Business Park on the scheduled date and time.
11. Are there other channels where I can set an appointment schedule?
Currently, only the hotline and online channels are available. There are plans to develop an SMS channel as well.
12. Do I need to bring anything on my appointment date?
Yes. You need to bring the requirements for passport application mentioned on the hotline or posted online when you set your appointment schedule.
13. How much do I need to pay for passport processing?
Processing fees for the ePassport are as follows:
- PhP 950.00 for regular processing (14 working days);
- PhP 1,200.00 for rush processing (7 working days);
- PhP 200.00 additional fee for replacement of lost passport (if still valid)
14. Do I have to pay an additional amount to set an appointment schedule?
No. The DFA appointment system is provided free of charge.